Friday, September 7, 2012

The Notebook

I'm one of those people who like to watch super action movies that have blood and gore and guns and shooting and all that awesome stuff. However, I decided to please my girlfriend with a movie that I didn't exactly have on my "Must Watch" list: The Notebook. Now I know that you're probably laughing because The Notebook is nothing like the movies I usually watch, but I won't lie to you; it wasn't that bad of a movie. I was very impressed on how the movie ended up being played out and how they utilized all of the emotion that was put into it as well as the time period that they chose to make the movie take place in. 

Granted, I did watch this romantic movie with my girlfriend, which gave it a little more of a plus because I had someone to relate it to and hold in my arms while I watched it, but I honestly think that it was a pretty good movie. I especially liked the ending. How they put it all together in the end with the two elderly people in the home which ended up being the two of them many years later. He used the notebook in order to be able to read to her when she got ill so she would try and remember because he felt as if his love was still inside and was just wasn't able to come out at all times. She didn't remember much, but after the notebook was read to her, she remembered who he was, who their kids were, and how much she loved him. 

And I can't believe I'm about to admit this, but I cried at the end when they both died holding each others hands. That must have been one of the best ways to end a romance movie because it shows true love between two people that loved and then lost and then found their way back to each others arms just to be able to be with each other again and die together to be with each other for eternity.

No comments: