Friday, September 14, 2012

Parks and Rec

In the past few weeks I have been searching for new television programs to watch but haven't had any luck. Whenever I would ask anyone's opinion on what to watch I would always get the same three answers: Deadwood, Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad.  Even though I knew these shows were great suggestions I still wasn't satisfied. Then it hit me, comedy! So naturally I came across Parks and Recreation and haven't looked back since. For me, the characters in this show are what make it so enjoyable. Another aspect of the show that interests me is its style of shooting.  Much like the Office, Parks and Rec. is shot using a single camera, in a mocumentary filming style.  To me this plays a huge role in the character relations because it makes the characters more personable. Especially when they acknowledge the camera. All in all I think that Parks and Recs is one of the most entertaining, and humorous shows on television. I definitely recommend it.

No comments: