Friday, September 21, 2012

Midnight in Paris

A couple days ago I watched the film Midnight in Paris, written and directed by Woody Allen, starring Owen Wilson and Rachel McAdams. First off I want to say that this was my first Woody Allen movie and despite it being one of his later pieces, it did not disappoint.  The film was simply beautiful.  Being shot on location in, it's important for the film to capture the mystique that is Paris. In my opinion, Mr. Allen was able to do this wonderfully.  One of my favorite aspects of the movie was its story because it veered away from the typical love story. Trying not to give to much away, I will say that the resolution to the story is gratifying in that the story comes full circle. Something that doesn't always happen in film today.  After watching Midnight in Paris, I am more than excited to get started watching all of Woody Allen's classic projects!

No comments: