Friday, September 14, 2012

A Robert Pattinson Movie For the Haters




I'll admit, I used to be a hater. I can describe my negativity towards Robert Pattinson in one word. Twilight. However! Upon being forced to take my girlfriend at the time to the movies, I watched a film called Remember Me. This is a drama about a dysfunctional family, an atypical way to meet a girl, and the inner conflict of ones own moralities compared to society's.

Going into the movie, I was very reluctant, but the opening scene hooked me. The following storyline did not disappoint. A great cast and wonderful cinematography aided this very much as well. I think I remember a critic call Pattinson's performance "gut-wrenching," and I completely agree. Very unlike the stoic, cavalier, pale, and sparkling vampire from the Twilight series that put such a bad taste in my mouth when in comes to Robert Pattinson. If you thought you hated him simply because of that, I would recommend to give him a second chance. It just goes to show that an actor is not always defined by their characters. Oh, and the ending is sure to come as a very shocking surprise, definitely too big to spoil in a blog post like this. I did not know how to react at first, it was just so unexpected that all I could do was pick my jaw up off the floor.

To close, I apologize to the die-hard Twilight fans that I may have offended with this post, and recommend this movie to Pattinson haters. It will give you a totally new respect for him (on that same token, I re-watched Twilight with a new picture of him in my head... it still sucked).

Sincerely,
Scott

No comments: