Friday, September 7, 2012

Lost

Recently, after being persuaded by all of my friends, I started watching the show "Lost". I had thought of watching it before but with six seasons and 25 episodes in the first season, it was always such a huge time commitment to start it. So I guess it was now or never. I know that it has gotten plenty of mixed reviews with many people loving it and many people hating it. I ended up loving it. Granted im only through the first season, but I am hooked.

What I really like about it is the amount of character development. They make use of intensive flashbacks to get the points across of each and every characters back story and how they all tie in with each other and how they are all in each others back stories, even if only slightly. These flashbacks in turn influence how characters act while on the island and what they do while they are there. The backstories explain more and more each episode which is one of my favorite things about Lost.

I know that things get more and more ridiculous as it goes along through all six seasons, and there were ridiculous things that happened already in season 1, but once I got past that and understood that that is part of the show, everything got better. So my only complain thus far would be how far fetched some things are, but hey, that's the way the show is so if someone doesn't like it they just don't need to watch it.

No comments: