Friday, September 21, 2012

Sound Design

Last night our group began to shoot our one shot stories, and even though we only got through one, I think it was definitely a good sign for things to come, not only for this project but for the rest of the shorts we do during the semester here. We got on location and immediately began the lighting plan and getting the set set up for the shot. Everything had to be perfect since the entire story relied on one single shot. The rest of our group's shots will be done next week so hopefully they run just as smoothly.

In between now and then we all have a lot going on and are unable to meet up. Lots of things get in the way; assignments, classes, plans, other film shoots. I myself am on a shoot this weekend that is shooting 6pm to 6am each night so that will be an interesting experience. I'm going to have to catch up on some sleep at some point in the day.

Anyways, my project, as well as many others in our class, relies heavily on the sound design. I recorded ADR a few days before shooting with some voice actors I found and then timed it all out when we shot it last night. My roommate is an audio major so I have learned a lot about audio from behind around him and being on set with him. Because of that, recording the ADR in the studio with the mixing board went relatively well and I think the sound design involved in my project will make it better than if I recorded it on location.

No comments: