Friday, September 14, 2012

Based on a True Story

For as long as I can remember, I have always been entertained and attracted to movies that are based on true stories. I know many of them tend to change or over-exaggerate the story line from what actually happen, but when I watch true story movies For as long as I can remember, I have always been entertained and attracted to movies that are based on true stories. I know many of them tend to change or over-exaggerate the story line from what actually happened, but when I watch true story movies I find myself interested in the life of the individual or group of people the film is portraying. I especially tend to be attracted to true stories about history like movies about wars, presidents, conspiracies, etc. Below are a few of the many true stories that grabbed my attention, and that I enjoyed watching.
The Blindside got my eye because it's a sports movie and it had a number of actors/actresses that I love to watch. It's the true story of Michael Oher, who didn't have a home, a mother who did drugs and abandoned him. He was a warrant of the state who had no such records to his name. He became under the guardianship of Sean and Leign Ann Tuohy, graduates of the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss). A sensitive young man, who knew nothing about football started playing left tackle for his high school. Attracted by many colleges for his athleticism including Alabama, Tenessee, South Carolina, and many more, he became an all-star athlete. Today you can see him on the Baltimore Ravens as he was a pick in the 2009 NFL draft. It's a heart warming story that will leave audiences both happy, but can be a tear jerker. 



The Perfect Storm was another movie that got my eye that was based on a true story. Directed by Wolfgang Peterson, it's the story of a sword fishing boat called the Andrea Gail captained by Billy Tyne (George Clooney) and his crew of 5 men who went under during a fishing trip and was caught in the middle of a Hurricane (known as the perfect storm). 

The most recent true story I have seen is Lawless, which the true story about Forrest, Howard, and Jack  Bondurant, who were members of the Moonshine Conspiracy in Franklin Virginia in 1931. The Brothers were in a successful boot-legging business during prohibition. This movie kept me on the edge of my seat and the story was well written. I definitely recommend this movie to anyone who loves action, suspense, and none than other TOM HARDY.  




No comments: