Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Naked Gun

One of my favorite comedies of all time is The Naked Gun, from 1988. I think this movie is a perfect example of what we're talking about in class right now: acting.  Leslie Nielsen is a prime example of the example that actors should have a neutral face throughout a movie. For being such a hilarious comedy, Leslie is able to keep a neutral face constantly during the movie.
It's one of those comedies where the dialogue isn't always necessarily funny, but the things you normally wouldn't pay attention to is what's funny. People falling in the background, Leslie obviously walking past a crime, and many things that just draw you away from the main characters to look for it. I think the writing and dialogue is the best part of this film, because every time I re-watch it I catch something different from what Leslie says that makes me laugh even harder than the last time I saw it.
Oh yeah, and it has O.J. Simpson in it. That's pretty cool too.

No comments: