Friday, September 7, 2012

Contact (film)

First off I would like to say that I am a sucker for a good sci-fi/thriller movie. With that said, yesterday I saw the movie Contact starring Jodie Foster and Matthew McConaughey (directed by Robert Zemeckis).  The film follows Dr. Ellie Arroway (Jodie Foster) and her struggle to prove the existence of extra terrestrial life.  After finally picking up conclusive radio proof of intelligent aliens, the Ellie's life changes forever.  Trying not to give away too much of the plot, I would like to say that while bordering on the realm of science fiction, Contact is a movie that makes you ponder the impossible.  Not only did it make me realize how tiny and insignificant are might be, but it also made me realize how precious and valuable we are as human beings.  Anyways, from a film making stand point, the film was beautiful and engaging. I was literally in awe in some scenes. If you are interested in the sci-fi/thriller genre you should definitely watch this movie. Or if you enjoy movies that make you think, this movies for you too.

No comments: