Monday, April 20, 2015

Hot Fuzz

Hott Fuzz is a British Comedy that came out in 2007. This film follows Nicolas Angel, played by Simon Pegg, who is an exceptional Police Officer (Not Policeman) that gets transferred from the city to a quiet little town in the country. On the surface this town is a perfect little slice of heaven, however after awhile Angel starts to realize that something strange is going on. I won't go any further with the plot because I don't want to spoil anything for those of you who haven't seen the film.

The cinematography of this film is quit original however. On almost every transition from scene to scene it feels like you are watching people gear up for war even though most times its just a glass being filled with cranberry juice or someone buying something from a store. It is strange and doesn't make a lot of sense however its a comedy and its intentional. I have to say I love it. It is a huge change of pace from what I am used to watching.

I originally saw this film way back in 2007 when it came out however it was just added to Netflix and I would recommend it to friends if they haven't scene it. Its a great watch and fun to see with friends. Also the film Shaun of the dead is another comedy by the same people and that is another film worth a watch in my opinion.


No comments: