Thursday, April 9, 2015

Furious 7

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

The latest installment of the Fast & Furious Series, Furious 7, was released this past weekend. Now I will admit, I am a bit biased because I've been a huge fan ever since I saw the first film, but the box office numbers can speak for the films success. According to the Hollywood Reporter, in less than a week the film has made over $489.5 million, including $315 million internationally and $174.5 million domestically.


As a huge fan of this series, I really only had one complaint. For a series that is based around, and really got it's start by focusing on car racing, this installment had very little of it. The film was taken up by mostly guns, fighting and big explosions. Don't get me wrong, I've come to expect this is most new action films, but when it overtakes what a good portion of the series is about, then I think it becomes too much. On the plus side, the movie did retain it's string family aspect, which is something I have always enjoyed. The chemistry between the real life cast always has an incredible way of being portrayed on screen, and the movies push of strong family morals and values has always been something I've held close to my heart.
 
Regardless of the rest of the movie, I was incredibly touched by (and cried through) the tribute to Paul Walker at the end of the film. I was curious how the story would be adapted after his death, and the four months that the studio took to figure it out really showed. The end of the script and the song used was their way of being able to finally say goodbye to him, in the most heartfelt and loving way that a movie could.




No comments: