Friday, November 9, 2012

Homeland.. Finally!

This week I finally started the television series Homeland. My friends have been after me, often telling me that this is one of the best shows on TV. Being a TV-R student I figured I had to see what all the talk was about.


Homeland, which was created by Gideon Raff and runs on Showtime, quickly draws you in with a compelling plot line. The first episode has many clips of main character Nicholas Brody, a Marine Sargent, held captive by al-Qaeda. After being imprisoned for eight years he is finally rescued by an American Delta Force raid. However, after so many years as a prisoner his life had been completely altered. As he returns home almost everything has changed with his family, and peoples perception of him. He is now a hero to the American people. His family, who assumed he was dead, now has the chance to build a relationship with their father/husband. However, the most interesting plot line is CIA agent Carrie Mathison, who has her own feelings about Brody. She has suspicion that Brody is coming to America as a possible terrorist threat and launches an investigation. The show creators have kept me guessing weather Brody is a hero or a terrorist. I am completely intrigued and will continue to watch more of this series in the upcoming weeks. I am officially hooked on my new show.

No comments: