Friday, November 16, 2012

Dog With A Blog...

Recently, while watching TV, I came across a commercial for the new Disney show called Dog With a Blog. What is the show about? This is the premise of the show as told by Wikipedia..."Avery Jennings and Tyler James are step-siblings who hate each other but come together in episode 1 . The family faces an even bigger adjustment when they discover that their new dog, Stan, can talk and also has a blog, unknown to the family. Stan uses his blog to discuss the happenings in the Jennings-James household. Avery and Tyler later learn of Stan's talking ability and agree to keep it a secret from their parents." Well that sounds like a rich idea. Are you kidding me? This is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard and when I saw the commercial, I though it was some kind of joke making fun of shows for kids. My post last week was about  how networks such as Nickelodeon and Disney fail to produce programming with quality writing and teach lessons that are age appropriate. More and more shows being produced on such networks are filled with undeserving laugh tracks and ridiculous plot lines. Disney original movies were once praised by viewers and taught meaningful lessons. For example, Disney's Johnny Tsunami (1999) taught about overcoming bullying and breaking racial barriers. Brink (1998) was about friends staying together, making right decisions, and working to beat the overpaid, egotistical inline rollerblade team. The list of past movies goes on and on but note that these movies weren't made recently. Disney needs to get their act together and produce TV shows that mold the minds of young children rather than turn them into mush. Here's an idea for Disney; how about there's a family that moves into an old house and everything is gone except the old refrigerator and when someone gets ice out of the freezer, it starts to talk and give advice to the kids. The father of the children would be played by Rob Schneider and the refrigerator's voice would be played by Sinbad or someone equivalent to his relevancy. Just kidding, this idea is awful but when Dog With a Blog exists, I feel as if I could walk into Disney and pitch the idea of a talking refrigerator. Mark my words, I will restore humanity and produce shows that teach lessons and impact children's lives rather than turn them into idiots. Where is the modern day Boy Meets World? I need to take what I've seen when I was a kid and recreate shows that are meaningful and age appropriate. 



This is Dog With A Blog...

No comments: