Friday, November 2, 2012

Music Videos

Today I stumbled across a video on youtube of one of my favorite bands, The Killers. They released a new album titled "Battle Born" last month and today they released a tour music video for one of their songs, Miss Atomic Bomb. It is not a traditional music video in the sense that it tells some form of a story. The video is compiled using entirely B roll footage from performances and behind the scenes of their tour.



I really love what they did, combining live performances of the song with behind the scenes and a ton of other performance footage. I believe that it tells more about the band than a video with some shirt back story in it does. This shows them on the road and how they go about life while on tour as well as some of the most exciting moments that they go through while performing. This is achieved with plenty of slow motion shots of instruments, each of the band members, and crowds going wild. It must have been a lot of fun to put it together. I know if I had the chance to combine B roll and put it to a real song that I would jump at the chance.

No comments: