Friday, November 16, 2012

Parks and Rec



For the last six months, the one show that kept popping up in random discussions, class, and even on the Netflix "Recently Added" list, was the show Parks and Recreation on NBC. I was very hesitant to watch it, especially since I'm more of a fantasy/sci-fi girl, but I eventually caved in. So over the last week and a half, I have been on a Parks and Recreation marathon, and I have to admit: I actually love it.

For some reason, I have always found it hard to watch and even read anything in the realistic fiction genre and enjoy it. Yet, this show is definitely one of my top favorites. The mix of characters is combined in a way that is refreshing and incredibly funny. The dialogue (delivery of lines) and the way the show is presented (scenes intermixed with "interviews," and the actors breaking that "fourth wall") took some getting used to, but in the end it is what makes the show so great. I didn't think I would even like this breaking of the "fourth wall," but I have found that it is great to have the characters speak directly to the audience (staring straight at the lens) because it truly brings the viewer into the story with them.

The more episodes I watch the more I love this show!
~Amber Capogrossi

No comments: