Friday, November 2, 2012

Off the Air

Last night, or morning rather, I stayed up until 5:00 am. Why you may ask? I wanted to watch the adult swim series called Off the Air that airs at 4:00am on Adult Swim. Off the Air, produced by editor David Hughes, is a 15 minute show that features online viral videos, various animations, archival footage, strange transitions, and psychedelic imagery. It premiered in early 2011 and has been on at 4:00 am since. Each episode has a theme that each short animation or video highlights. For example, last night the episodes were about color and falling down. My friend is a fan of the show and when I asked what it was about, he said I just had to watch it. After watching it, I don't exactly know how to explain the show; just watch it. The editing draws different videos and shorts together in a flawless and smooth way. The show puts you in a trance with the mix of the psychedelic images and spacey music. Adult Swim has always been one of my favorite programs but I'm usually in deep sleep by the time it airs. Some of my other favorite Adult Swim programs include Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!, Family Guy, and now Off the Air. If you're contemplating staying up all night, watch Adult Swim and you will either leave 1.) Extremely satisfied 2.) Confused with a headache or 3.) You will hate it. You don't know what you will get when you watch Adult Swim.

Watch an episode of Off the Air below. The theme in this episode is food.


No comments: