Friday, November 2, 2012

Dial M for Murder

This week, I watched my first Alfred Hitchcock film, Dial M for Murder.  It's basically about a guy who finds out that his wife is cheating on him and comes up with an extremely elaborate plan to kill her as way of revenge.  I don't want to ruin the movie but the story is absolutely brilliant.  There are so many plot twists and elaborate schemes that you constantly find yourself thinking one thing is going to happen and then something else happens.  I constantly had to remind my self that this film was well over twice as old as I am, yet it was done so, so well.  Hitchcock was way ahead of his time in his storytelling.  From a video shooting/editing/aesthetic aspect, it was pretty bare bones in my opinion.  Everything was what it was supposed to be, and nothing more.  There were plenty of shots that we consider cheesy now, but they were almost necessary back then.  I absolutely was hooked watching this film.  I definitely plan on watching more of his films from now on.

Happy Halloween everyone!

Tyler

No comments: