Thursday, November 8, 2012

Shaun of the Dead

Shaun of the Dead is actually one of my favorite movies. When I first saw it I thought it would be a terrible zombie movie that is just looking to be more of a comedy than focus on zombies, but it is actually a really funny movie and an excellent zombie movie. I think the beginning of the movie when the virus first breaks out is the best part and seems somewhat accurate of what would actually happen. A woman ends up in Shaun's backyard and him and Ed are convinced that the woman is just drunk and needs to get home. Only until the woman constantly tries to grab Shaun does he shove her off and realizes that she is a zombie. She falls onto the platform for one of those huge umbrellas, and the circular tube goes through her stomach. I also really like the camera work and effect during this shot, as you can see through the woman's stomach as she slowly gets up and continues to go near Shaun and Ed.
This movie has an excellent story, hilarious scenes, and I really like the camera work. Oh yeah, and some guy gets his insides ripped out. Thats pretty cool too.


No comments: