Wednesday, October 10, 2012

More Zombie Stuff

Yeah, I know, another original post by me about zombies.

I'm fascinated by the Resident Evil series. I started liking Resident Evil when I started playing Resident Evil 4 for the Playstation 2. I loved the concept of the game, and just killing hundreds of zombies. This game made me start  watching the movies, which I liked just as much. I like how the games and movies are different, but similar at the same time. A lot of the movies were set in Raccoon City, like the games, and have a lot of the same concepts, such as the G-Virus and every other letter of the alphabet-Virus.

I also like how they incorporate some of the "special" zombies from the games into the movies. They keep the two separate by having different characters and having the movies go in a different direction in terms of story from the game. My favorite part of the movies and games is the story. I like the concept of an actual virus spreading instead of other zombie movies where the zombies just randomly pop up one day. I also like how the movies actually have endings and the characters have an objective. As much as I love Dawn of the Dead, there isn't really a point to it except survive. In Resident Evil there is a lot of betrayal, plot twists, an actual objective that they have to do, and many other things added to the story.


No comments: