Friday, October 26, 2012

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

Last night I watched the movie Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. It had been on my list of movies to watch for a while but I have been so busy that I never got around to watching it till now. I wasn't really sure what I was going to think about it but I knew it was going to be a somber story because of its ties to 9/11. There's never really a "right time" to watch those kinds of movies. You can't really avoid getting emotionally attached to characters or stories involved in it.

I don't want to give anything away but it is about a boy who is looking for clues left by his father who died when the World Trade Center collapsed in 2001. It is a very simple story, yet it all seems real. All of it could happen in real life, and for all I know it could have happened. There are so many small things that just add to the story and details that make it that much better. I thought the acting by Thomas Horn (who plays the boy, Oskar) was phenomenal. I looked him up and he has not done much acting previous to this and he just played the part perfectly and got into everything and actually lived the life of the boy whose story was being told. 

I would highly recommend watching this movie at some point. It really hits home because all of us were alive during 9/11 and we all have our own vivid memories of what happened that day. Even if we weren't directly affected, we know someone who was and we know how it all feels. So it is definitely worth a watch. 


No comments: