Thursday, October 11, 2012

My first experience on set

My first experience on the set of a production is what ultimately led me to seek a career in the communications industry. I was about eight-years-old when my father took me and my younger sister to a commercial shoot. While my dad usually traveled to LA when filming a commercial, this was a low budget shoot that took place right on Long Island, maybe 15 minutes from my house. The client was a brand of microwaveable pizza. I really was intrigued by the director. One of the actors was an older man who had trouble following direction. The director was extremely patient and was able to coax the footage he needed out of the man.

I remember sitting in one of those "director's chairs," watching the live footage on a small screen and thinking it was the absolute coolest thing in the world - everything from craft services to the make-up trailer fascinated me. I knew that this was the type of environment that I wanted to be surrounded by.


No comments: