Friday, October 12, 2012

working in the movie industry may cause mild bi polar disorder

I don't have solid research to support my claim that working in the movie industry may cause mild bi polar disorder but here me out. there are two things that control how you feel. the sympathetic nervous system which is voluntary movements and actions, and the para sympathetic nervous system which is involuntary movements like breathing and digestion.

your para sympathetic nervous system can be indirectly affected by your actions. And it operates like a wave length with corresponding oscillations   so when you are in a high the wave length goes up for a period of time then reacts with a corresponding low.

when you are heavily involved in a production project you go through periods of mania. keeping you self up with stress and coffe to get work done under a time contraint your senses are tuned up and you are alert ready to face what ever obstacles stand in the way of your shoot. and it feels good you feel like you are getting stuff done and being productive. this is your para sympathetic nervous system rising in level. but when the project is done or at least the period of higher stimulation after 48-72 hours you crash the level drops and you will feel lethargic depressed and anxious. if you are working steadily this may happen to you a few times a week. I know it does with me. the majority of my work starts on friday  and ends around tuesday. from tuesday through  friday morning I feel terrible until I raise my levels again. its a tough cycle but I love it. even though I can feel the negative affects it has on my body.

No comments: