Tuesday, October 16, 2012

NEW WALKING DEAD!

It was the beginning of a great season. Shane is dead, and all of the characters survived the winter. Life was good Sunday night when I was watching my favorite show, the only thing bothering me was Dale's death (as I also spent last week re-watching season 2), and Laurie is still alive.

This episode had a lot in it that I loved. Lot's of zombie killing, everyone's badass-ness increased by 20 points because of Carl being able to pop zombies in the head like a boss, and lots of automatic weapons. The change of setting (to a prison) was a nice change of setting, and something not a lot of people consider for the zombie apocalypse. I like the way the story is going this season, last season had a lot of dialogue and drama and not enough zombie killing.



On that note, there was also a lot I didn't like. First off, they skipped ahead at least 6 months. They ended the season in the Fall, with everyone stuck on the side of the road worrying about another zombie attack, personally I think that is still an awesome place to leave off for the current season. But no. They skip the rest of Fall and the Winter and now it's Spring. Maybe I'm the only one bothered by the fact that everyone looks different, they have new equipment, and Laurie's belly is bulging out, but that's just me. I was also bothered by the ending of it. At the end Hershel gets bit in the leg by a zombie. There first reaction is to start hacking at his leg with an axe. My first thought: OK guys, anyone else gets bit, and your first reaction is to shoot them in the head, but obviously Hershel is an exception. I love Hershel just as much as anyone else (actually I don't think many people like him but I think he's a nice guy and a decent actor), but if he survives the next episode I might just throw my TV out of my dorm window.


No comments: