Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Land Of The Dead

Probably my least favorite George Romero movie that I've seen. The concept of the movie was this: zombies have been around for a while now (probably years from what I could tell) and are growing more intelligent. I wanted to stop the movie there. Zombies don't get more intelligent, there brain no longer functions because they don't need to breathe (so no oxygen goes to the brain). But the movie keeps going with that concept, letting the zombies function as a group, hold and shoot guns, even be smart enough to put down gasoline and then fire on top of it. The only part of that that I'll agree with is when zombies can carry out a simple function that they remember from their life as a human. Not something as complex as pointing, aiming, and pulling the trigger on a gun.


However, I did like a lot of the other concepts. Keeping most of the movie blue added a nice creepy effect to it. I also like how it had a second story to it where one rich man owns a city, and lives on top of a tower while everyone else is left to possibly be invaded by zombies and live in poverty. I also liked the camera work in it a lot. The shots had a lot of variety that kept me interested despite being angry at the intelligent zombies.


P.S., George Romero is my idol. That is all.

No comments: