Friday, October 12, 2012

Comic Con

I've been having a great time at NYCC! Yesterday I interviewed a representative from an LA-based company called Visionborne. The company uses technology developed in Italy to create motion comics, which are digital comics with animated panels. These motion comics can be read with an app, and Visionborne is working with many artists to add comics to their library. I find this technology fascinating, as I ordinarily don't read comic books on my laptop or iPod; Visionborne's technology will certainly change how some people read and enjoy comic books! Their website can be found here: http://www.visionborne.com/index.php



Today I had a fantastic interview with Arty Gibree, director and co-founder of Sanshee. Sanshee is a company that makes wonderfully detailed and designed products just for geeks; they have made replicas of the badges from the Pokemon games, as well as graphic t-shirts, posters, pins and other jewelry. Arty and Team Sanshee were so enthusiastic and kind, and it was wonderful to get the opportunity to meet with him and talk about his company. Sanshee's website and store can be found here: http://sanshee.com/


Tomorrow I have an interview with Brad Neely, creator of the Adult Swim show China, IL. I've been a fan of his since I started reading his web comics and watching his youtube videos, so this interview is a real treat!

No comments: