Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Slipknot

One of my favorite bands of all time is Slipknot, a heavy metal band from Iowa. Slipknot formed in 1995 by Shawn Crahan and Paul Gray. They currently have a lineup of 8 members, as Paul Gray passed away in 2010. In 1999 they debuted their first album, self titled, and quickly became popular by touring on Ozzfest. They received a platinum for their album in 2000.

Slipknot - (sic)
The reason I bring up this phenomenal band is because this summer I finally had the opportunity to see them. Whenever I go to concerts I always love the lighting that goes into the show. There are lights calibrated to instruments, some on a timer, and others that are manual. I find it fascinating how lights can go in sync with such fast music. 
I saw them at SPAC in Saratoga Springs, New York, and in the paper the next day my dad showed me the headlining article, that Slipknot was the loudest concert that SPAC ever had. I also found it amazing that when a concert is that loud that people are still able to make out all of the sounds. Especially when there are eight people in sync making noise. Being able to hear all of the vocals, the drum sounds, percussion, guitar, bass, and the DJ to me is huge. I have been to a lot of concerts where certain instruments were really difficult to hear, but the audio at this show was perfect. 

No comments: