Sunday, October 23, 2011

Two and a Half Men...

I was never a really big fan of the show, but now that Tiger Blood has been replaced by Ashton Kutcher, I was curious enough to check it out. I watched a few old episodes with Charlie Sheen and then the season primer with Kutcher and decided a few things.

  1. The show is basically the same. It still has a skeevy character who hits on women and succeeds in getting them into bed. Meanwhile, the rest of the characters go about the same activities.
  2. The type of humor in the show can probably carry on for a while. It has already been running for 8 years, and people still seem to be laughing. While it isn't exactly my cup of tea, if it survives to a second season with Ashton then I would say replacing Sheen was a good move.
  3. Ashton fits the role pretty well. Compared to his role on 'That 70's Show' this one is pretty similar. He is a womanizer and says pretty stupid, yet hilarious things. He is a great fit for the role.
Finally, I'll leave you with some YouTube clips to compare for yourself.
Charlie Sheen Compilation
With Ashton Kutcher

No comments: