Sunday, October 9, 2011

Real Steel

So I was watching baseball post season Thursday night, when a trailer for Real Steel came on.  How did I miss finding out about this movie?!  FINALLY, a movie about Rockem Sockem Robots!

So the plot is a rehash of Rocky (underdog boxer) no excitement there, and the cast isn't much to gloat about either.  BUT it's definitely a visually interesting movie, and a dream come true for all the rockem sockem robot playing kids out there!

The plot actually may be almost exactly the same as Kingpin, from what I can tell without seeing it yet.  Charlie (Hugh Jackman) is a fighter that lost big, and in training his son Max (Dakota Goyo) to fight, ends up fighting again himself. Evangeline Lilly from LOST is his estranged wife, and outside of watching LOST I have no idea if she can act!  But Hugh Jackman is always playing underdog roles so it probably won't be anything out of the ordinary for him either.

The Director is Shawn Levy, who hasn't done many action movies, but  I'm sure he did just fine with Executive Produceer Steven Spielberg working with him!



So I realize this movie is more geared towards a male audience, being a boxing/ robot movie, but just watch this clip and THEN tell me you aren't PUMPED to see this!



No comments: