Sunday, October 9, 2011

Drive

One movie I had been waiting to see since before the summer was the new Ryan Gosling thriller "Drive". It all stared when this clip came out in May and I had been obsessed with the scene ever since. for starters the cinematography is beautiful and provides an air of mystery around Goslings character.
A trailer soon followed and getting updates on the movie became a daily activity for me.
The movie left little to be desired for me and I give it a full two thumbs up. The music was brilliant and gave the film that retro late 1970's Steve McQueen feel. The chase scenes are a thing of beauty and make a film about a stunt driver seem as real as can be. While some may find Gosling's character hard to connect to, I think that is the point. He is a driver and very little more. He doesn't seem to have any connection to anyone accept a handyman who brought him in as a teenager and nurtured him into his adult years, and a next door neighbor with whom he has a fledging romance. If you're into thrillers and stunts that will make your mouth water, this movie is a must see for you.

No comments: