Sunday, October 23, 2011

Backyard FX

     I assume that most people reading this blog are emerging film makers who do not have much money to spend on production, especially effects, but that doesn't mean that you should avoid putting effects into your movie.  Effects can make a film look like it had a bigger budget and make it look more professional. I was wandering around YouTube when I discovered Backyard FX, a channel dedicated to showing you how to make good effects for cheap.

     One video that I thought was very interesting was the camera slider for under $20. You don't really notice how small things, like a gentle move in camera position, can really effect the mood of the shot, and being able to do such a move gives your film a a distinct feel.  Being able to do it for under $20 doesn't hurt either. I highly suggest watching the other videos that Backyard FX posts as well.  They are fun and can help bring a production to the next level. Enjoy.

No comments: