Sunday, October 16, 2011

Remakes

This weekend I saw the remake of Footloose. I've seen the original Footloose once- so I don't remember it too well so it was hard for me to compare. I do know this version stayed true to the original but definitely modernized it. The remake was decent, and I think it's hard to compare a remake to the original in that the movie is no longer new- when, like Footloose did where it copied the original closely. There are some remakes that stray from the storyline. For example- The Karate Kid and Fame both remakes that created new characters and new storylines. Remakes don't really bother me like they do some people. But I guess if someone tried to redo one of my all time favorites (like the Blues Brothers, mentioned in my last post) I'd have a much different reaction. I am kind of nervous about this Great Gatsby remake though.

New footloose trailer:

Old one:

No comments: