Thursday, October 20, 2011

Icebreaker

This is a film my friend Jeff Newell. I met him over the summer at the film festival in Auburn Ny. When I saw this film. I knew his unique artistic ability and knew I would certainly enjoy it. This little film only lasts about 3 minutes but establishes so much. The deep interaction between two so-called friends and how well they both know each other. Not only do they have the same taste in girls but they knew each others next move. In the beginning it reads out a vast list of explicit warnings. I wondered how on earth did they establish that in such a short amount of time. It certainly amazed me! The surprise ending is certainly disturbing and isn't meant for a weak stomach. The sound is also very disturbing. What I appreciate the most is that if you go to watch it again, you begin to understand the short lines that mean so much more than what they would in a normal everyday conversion. Completely, unnoticeable until you realize the end.  Also, the acting was done wonderfully! Not much was required of it but simplicity is beauty and can also imply complexity. I love it when films really reach out and grab you by the mind and heart. That is why I live!

No comments: