Friday, December 14, 2012

Movie Critics

They have a tough job.

I am about halfway through doing my "I missed a blog post so I need to write a paper about films" stuff, and I've got to say that it's more difficult than I expected.

I have been watching movies since I was a child. In fact, there is a small mountain of ticket stubs from every films I've been to since the 6th grade. During each preview, I make a snap judgement about a film. And upon leaving the theatre, I always have my own opinion. For some reason, though, I can not formulate it into more than a handful of sentences. While writing these film reviews for class, I encountered a snag. I can't seem to draw out my thoughts enough to make a lengthy argument. However, it gets easier with every attempt.

Professional film critics often get a bad rap, but I respect their profession and their opinions. Sometimes I disagree with their thoughts, but that is the beauty of film.

No comments: