Friday, December 14, 2012

Parenting a Movie

This final project is much to me like a child. I helped raise it, I fed it, taught it right from wrong, and even played catch with it in the back lawn... But in reality, this short film was stressful and frustrating, but also fun, and I feel a love for it in my heart. As this movie aged and grew, it went through some of the phases of a childhood, from infant, to toddler, up through boy scouts, and now it is in the adolescent stage - as in we don't really get along with each other right now. Its time to take a break. Throughout the writing, conceptualizing, storyboarding, directing, and editing, I have seen this movie far too much.  Though this movie is far from finished, it screens tomorrow; as the arrogant, cocky, ignorant teen that it is. I guess the parenting 101 lesson is to let the child (and myself) learn from their experiences. Once this is over and a short break is taken, it will be time to nurture this film into an adult. More post-production, and hopefully it will be ready in time for the Golden Doorknob screening in April. Wish us luck!

No comments: