Friday, December 7, 2012

'Tis the Season

I generally dislike how commercialized and lengthy the Christmas season is (like people who decorate immediately after Halloween), however I do love watching Christmas movies. Well, I actually only like some Christmas movies.. they have to be funny - forget the classical and traditional, except for the stop-motion Rudolph movie, and maybe the animated Grinch. However, as much as I act like a watered down version of Scrooge in the month of December, it is actually a goal of mine to create a Christmas movie somewhere down the line. I'm not sure what it may contain yet though. But I will definitely be inspired by movies like Christmas Vacation, Elf,  Scrooged, and most prominently the South Park Christmas in Canada episode (season 7 episode 15). My score will probably include songs from 'A Very Nolan Christmas,' for those of you that don't know what that is, here is the video featuring Ithaca College's own Nolan Berkowitz!
Well, maybe not, but what I mean is that I will probably create a very witty, tongue-in-cheek, non-serious, and hilarious Christmas movie. Possibly in the form of a musical as well if I'm in the mood at the time. I don't altogether hate Christmas, just so you know, I just hate how far people take it these days. The 12 days of Christmas have now expanded to almost 2 months.

But in all seriousness, watch out for a feature-length Christmas movie (probably low budget) by Scott Walle. It will happen.

Heres my favorite clip from my favorite Christmas movie of all time.


No comments: