Saturday, December 15, 2012

That's A Wrap.

As the semester draws to a close I am left to look back on and evaluate my first semester of junior year. It has without a doubt been the best semester of my college experience. I have changed in so many ways, my outlook on life has become more targeted and refined. I finally feel that I am beginning to gain the experience and skills that I need to transform my ideas from foggy thoughts in my head into a clear product. I learned the importance of time. Things take time and time always seems to be slipping away faster than you hoped it would. Wait until the coffee is poured, and the cigarettes are lit. You cannot expect to arrive at your destination without taking the proper steps, steps that may seem unimportant or unnecessary at the time but in the end will come around to make a fool out of you. You need to know what you're getting into before you put everything you have into it. I am proud of what I have accomplished this semester, I know the quality of everything I have done could have been higher but that is not as important to me in this moment. What is important to me is that I now know what doesn't work. That is important to me because now I can try different things, those different things may or may not work but after trying them I will have one more thing that I know works or doesn't work. This semester has impacted me enormously as an individual and made me excited to try different things. Arturo, you have given me so many things to dwell on and think about. I have an entirely new take on film after taking your course. Thank you. That's all I can say to you, thank you. 

No comments: