Sunday, September 4, 2011

Trip to Late Night

Over the summer I was able to make my third trip to see Late Night at 30 Rock. My dream being to work for this program, or something similar, I was more than excited to further examine how everything in the studio works and operates. The guests that day had been Seth Green and Chris Evans. My favorite part of watching this whole process was seeing them film the promos (which I looked for a video of but unfortunately I could not find). The original plan for the promo was just for Jimmy to stand there with Seth and Chris and simply give a run down of the nights show. It was clear that Seth Green was bored by this idea and every few seconds shouted out something new for them to do while filming, and after him shouting out “how about this!” or “yeah lets do this!” every now and then the original plan of them just standing there turned into Jimmy throwing ping pong balls at the camera while Seth and Chris poured and helped themselves to beers.

It was also fun to watch how quickly and efficiently they moved between commercial breaks to clean up an incredibly messy game. And to look back at the storage space while they opened the big doors to move things in and out and spotting out things like the beer pong table Jimmy has used against people like Betty White and Helen Mirren, for them to actually bring it out and use it later in the show.

Plus Seth Green gave everyone a blue ray for Robot Chicken. I mean, I’m not a fan or anything but free stuff is exciting regardless.

Here’s a video from that night. Its like a month old, but still:

No comments: