Sunday, September 11, 2011

Bridesmaids



When I first saw that there was a new bridesmaid-theme movie coming out I decided I would not be caught in that theater. I was actually thinking it was going to be like that movie with Raven Simone...
But then my friends convinced me to go see it.
It is basically the female version of the Hangover...but honestly I laughed more than I did at the guys and their Las Vegas antics. From the trailer you can see how it is a romantic comedy, but it proves itself to be one step above the rest with the wedding dress and airplane scene.

What makes this movie so great for me was that it was full of fantastic female comedians. They own their roles and hit the nail right on the head every time. Maybe this is a little bit of the feminist inside of me peeking out, but I LOVE seeing women pull off a comedy like this.

It also gave me some hope for SNL. Even though the show is pretty far from it's glory days in the 1970's, they still have some amazing talent working for them. Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolf absolutely kill in in this movie, and in almost all other roles I have seen them in. It was so refreshing to see a romantic comedy take such a perfectly hilarious twist.

If you still have not seen it, I highly recommend it.
:)

No comments: