Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Help

This weekend I finally got to go see The Help and I absolutely loved it. The acting was wonderful, especially by Viola Davis who gave such an emotional performance that everyone in the audience was really able to connect with her. I'm always a fan of Emma Stone and she definitely didn't disappoint.
And even though going into the movie I thought it was going to focus more on her character, and it in fact ended up focusing more on the maids and how they interacted with the people in the town, it didn't matter. The characters were so well developed and everything that happened to every character felt so real that it made the movie much better than it could have been with a focus on Stone's character, Skeeter. It was clever and entertaining and I recommend it to everyone.

No comments: