Saturday, September 10, 2011

THUNDERCATS ARE GO!


The romance comedy Juno hit the theaters in 2007 and was a great film. This film was different because the writer Diablo Cody, who changed careers and became a writer after working as a stripper; came up with this new idea that put a spotlight on teen pregnancy. The film was written in the style I was able to relate to because I could connect with the slang she used to carry out her characters opinions.



The cast that was chosen for this film, Juno (played by Ellen Page) and Paulie Bleaker (played by Michael Cera), as well as Vanessa (played by Jennifer Garner) and Mark (played by Jason Bateman) brought the screenplay to life as they all gave realistic portrayals of their on screen characters. I do not think I could see any other actor play these parts like they did.

Some References: "Thunderbirds" (1965), Suspiria (1977),"PicturePages" (1984), The Goonies (1985), So I Married an Axe Murderer (1993), "My So-Called Life" (1994), The Blair Witch Project (1999), The Bone Collector (1999), Coyote Ugly (2000), Faust (2000), Battle Royale (2000), The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)



This movie also has a very nice soundtrack that Kimya Dawson wrote and performed. The music that was chosen was instrumental in moving the story along. I know that this is a movie I could definitely see over and over again because of the actors, the music, and the memorable quotes throughout the entire film.

Quotes:

Juno MacGuff: You should've gone to China, you know, 'cause I hear they give away babies like free iPods. You know, they pretty much just put them in those t-shirt guns and shoot them out at sporting events.

Juno MacGuff: I think I'm in love with you.
Paulie Bleeker: You mean as friends?
Juno MacGuff: No... I mean for real. 'Cause you're, like, the coolest person I've ever met, and you don't even have to try, you know...
Paulie Bleeker: I try really hard, actually.

Bren: When you move out I'm getting two Weimaraners!
Juno MacGuff: WHOA DREAM BIG!
Bren: Oh, go fly a kite!

No comments: