Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sound

Below is a video that explores how the movie Inception went about creating its sound.


After the binaural sound post I found myself searching for more on just creating sound for video and stumbled upon the above video. Inception is one of my favorite recent movies and a large part of that the sound is responsible for. I think its amazing the level of detail the sound team went into when creating the movie. In the video they mention how they tried to gather as much real world sound as possible and I think this is important and really makes a difference in your final work. Although databases pre-recorded sounds are extremely helpful, especially to those without the resources, I think that getting real world sound when possible should be a priority. The most important thing I think one should come away from this video with is that sound in general is extremely important and paying close attention to it can be rewarding.

No comments: