Monday, September 5, 2011

Theodore Case Film Festival

Hello Everyone! This is my first blog in the whole world! It's not that exciting, but there is a first for everything I suppose. So my topic for this blog shall be (drum roll please),  Theodore Case Film Festival in Auburn, Ny at Auburn Public Theater. The Auburn Public Theater is owned by one of my former mentors/ professors at Cayuga Community College where I just transferred from! THIS IS THEIR WEBSITE!  The Video above is a virtual tour of the theater where the films submitted to the Theodore Case Film Festival are viewed for the festival. Over the past summer I entered one of my recent short films called Pleasuring Grief. It was selected for the festival and was played on the big screen. I knew many of the other local film makers who had entered their animations, documentaries and films. One of them was my mentor Mike "DooWittle" Widger who I have been working with in his new film studio and suite in East Syracuse Ny. I thought I'd share with everyone some of their entries and mine as well! I also hope to see some of you entering into this film festival next year it happens around June every year. This festival is also where I met a recent alumni of Ithaca entering a couple of his short films, J. R. Newell. There were a lot of Ithaca student entries other than him and myself. I hope you enjoy the videos!
The Boys of Oswego, Documentary, Oswego State hockey team!
Masters of their time, Documentary, A band in the recording studio comes up with a brilliant sound.

Office MVP, short film, shows the human hard ships of a working class average office man.

Ashtrays are Everywhere, Short film, a man in his domain!

American Beauty French New Wave, short film/reenactment of American Beauty, one of J.R. Newell's short films

How to be Alone, Short film, J.R.'s second film entry

Pleasuring Grief, short film, MY SHORT FILM
written and directed by Lucy Lynne' Hall!

No comments: