Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Emmys

Last Sunday I watched the Primetime Emmys and I would say it's improved somewhat from years past. Modern Family won/was nominated for pretty much anything in the comedy category. (I'm a little ashamed to admit that I've only ever watched this show once so I can't really judge how deserving it was.) I particularly enjoyed the Office scene they played with cameos by people like Ashton Kutcher, Tracey Morgan and even Kim Kardashian.
Amazing Race won for best reality program, and I had recently read an article that was wondering when the Emmy's will add more awards for reality related programs: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118042488?refcatid=14
the idea behind the article is that while reality TV is often looked down on by those that do the nominations for the Emmys its ratings show that it deserves a little more consideration. I don't really know how I feel about this either, really.
And I always love seeing The Lonely Island perform live, even if they've had better performances.
And one of my favorite parts of the night was when when they announced the winner for best comedy actress and all the nominees went up there, prom queen-style.

No comments: