Thursday, September 22, 2011

My favorite Director

I think M. Night Shyamalan is a wonderful director. You can all take a moment to laugh at me now....Ok now stop laughing. I'm serious! I think he really puts his heart into what he does and I've always seen that through his artistic view of things. He may not be THE best director in the world but I really appreciate his point of view. When he looks at a story weather he wrote it or not, he really highlights and saturates every beautifully artistic movement and sound. I've always tried to do this in my films as well. I've always noticed his use of fallow shots, and hey I agree its a movie things should move.  We use fallow shots to see where the character is going, we go too, what the character sees, we see too. It's a beautiful thing. He's been known to put a twist on things and every one criticizes him for it. Well, if they stopped being such cranky ex-girl friends and look at why or how or just began to appreciate what's really going on, then they'd understand it. Oh yeah and critics, hey its hard to make a film, you should try it some time.

Recently He has been writing and honestly as big of a fan as I am for him as a director, I can comfortably say I enjoy his writing more. The director of Devil (John Eric Dowdle) interoperated M. Night Shyamalan's writing perfectly and it was very pleasing. I hope that they'll continue calibrating  so I can enjoy more of what they produce. It's actually a really good movie; ranked number 37 in my favorite movies list.

No comments: