Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Lazy Song

Call me old fashioned, but I like it when a music video actually goes with its song. That's why I thought Bruno Mars's video for "The Lazy Song" was great.




This video could not fix the song more perfectly. It's not a high production music video, it looks as if it was just filmed on his web cam (but no I'm no fool)! In essence, it's a lazy way to go about a music video. On the other hand, this took some intense practicing, especially when some of the shots don't cut for a very long time. They obviously thought this thing through and took a long while to get everything right, which is completely contradictory to the whole "lazy" thing. I think it's a great concept and I'd love to try to do something like this one day.

The show that I co-produce for ICTV, Entertainment16, is filming its intro this Wednesday. I'm thinking of exploring this idea of not cutting the shot between the action, where we truck the camera from cast member to cast member as they are "getting ready" for the show. We'll see how it turns out!

No comments: