Sunday, September 18, 2011

Moments by Everynone



A friend of mine recently posted this on facebook, and at first glance it seemed to me just another random video, but as I started to watch it, I realized that it clearly was something more. To me, this video just shows moments that make up the human experience, and serves as a reminder that no matter how different we all are, we all do certain things that connect us all, whether it's making the bed, taking a drag on a cigarette, or putting on a bra (ok, maybe not EVERYONE does that, but you get my point). What's more, the way this is editing is phenomenal. The way it cuts from the guy throwing up a sheet to put on a bed to the kids in the playground throwing up a parachute, and the shot of the car about to his another car that switches quickly to clinking glasses, and the shot of the math problem that switches to a surgery that switches to tic tac toe. Long story short, I was amazed by this video.

I then went to the creator's website, and found that he had done a few other videos. Most of them are along the same feel and theme. There is one that I really liked called "Laughs" which is made up of Youtube clips of people laughing. It goes from babies laughing at the beginning to old people laughing at the end. I very strongly encourage everyone to check out this guy's website and watch his other videos, if only because I promise they will make a bad day better.

Side note: in his video called "Words," there is a shot of Taughannock Falls! Whooaaaa.

Here's his website. Seriously, check it out. http://www.everynone.com/

1 comment:

arturo said...

Excellent! very nice example of how meaning is created by editing, using "simple" everyday moments that can convey very deep thoughts by their juxtaposition, sequence and timing.