Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Stand By Me

So even though it's not a recent title, I thought I'd throw this one out there: if you haven't seen Stand By Me, watch it. It's about four boys who go looking for a dead body just for the adventure of it. My brother got it for Christmas one year and my parents were super-psyched to watch it as a family, even though my brother and I were like "yeah, yeah, okay, this looks kinda meh." For the first fifteen minutes, I was convinced it was a horror movie and something was going to jump out and eat the kids only because I knew it was based on a Stephen King novella.
Oh my God my family was DYING during the whole thing. We couldn't stop quoting it for weeks, and it's a major family favorite now. It has Kiefer Sutherland in it for a bit. Oh, and if you watch it, look up what the character Verne looks like today. It's insane.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS MOVIE.
I seriously cry every time I watch it.
And the kid that plays Verne is gorgeous now!
Ahhh yes. Great movie. Thanks for bringing it up :)

William Sisskind said...

Hey guys... wanna see a dead body?