Monday, February 21, 2011

FIRST OFF I'D LIKE TO BRAG THAT I GOT THE 700TH POST

So yeah about that: Ha.

Also upon typing in the URL to the blog in the address bar I had to remind myself: "Oh yeah! It's not a Tumblr! Will, you're silly. The Fiction Field blog isn't on Tumblr. Ha ha ha. Ha ha haaaaAAAOHH GOD I'M ADDICTED, SOMEONE HELP ME-HEE-HEEEEEEEEEEEE"

But I digress. Let's move on.

I've been watching 3rd Rock From The Sun a lot recently. Let's go beyond the fact that the show was made in the nineties when TV was better and blah blah freakin' blah. It's well written in general. The idea of aliens landing on Earth and taking the bodies of humans seems so blasé and cliché and everything else with an "é" at the end; and yet the final product is charming, with every episode forcing you to laugh whether you like it or not. One scene with John Lithgow and Wayne Knight tap dancing with Jane Curtin almost killed me. This was due to me eating Nutella at the time. We all know the consistency of Nutella. (But it's so damn good. I mean seriously, if you go shopping again this semester, get Nutella. It's hazelnutty chocolatey goodness formed into a spread that you can eat anything with. ANYTHING. GO GET IT. NOW.)

Also I'm still plowing through Doctor Who. I'm on David Tennant's tenure as the Doctor right now. My mind blows every time he appears on screen. As much as I loved Chris Eccleston as the Ninth Doctor, David blows him out of the water. This stresses the importance of good casting; if your actor doesn't fit the part, the character is going to suck. Big time. Can you imagine Gilbert Gottfried as the Doctor? I can, and it's not a pretty picture.

Anyhow, I'm going to pretend to watch this color correction presentation. Peace out.

No comments: