Tuesday, February 22, 2011

friday night lights

So I recently started watching Friday Night Lights, starting from season 1. And I'm really enjoying it. I love the way that its shot, it's very realistic. They use a lot of close up shots which convey the emotions well. I'm a little more than halfway through the first season and I've been noticing that a lot of the time when two characters are talking they'll go from closeup shots to a very very wide shot that makes it look as though someone is watching them. I wasn't quite sure why they did it. For example, there was one shot where two people are walking into a store and they use a variety of medium/closeup shots then they cut to a really wide shot that's not only far away, but very high up. Just something I noticed!

We also NEED a location for our doorknob film. Just a plain room with 2 doors. Maybe we'll look into the realtors websites, that's a good idea.

No comments: