Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Robin Hood

I watched season one of the BBC series Robin Hood, and while the story line is ok, the rest is terrible. There are blatant jump cuts everywhere. The ending involves a celebratory jump, where it freezes in mid air. Also the jokes are terrible. Instead a cat got your tongue, they say sheriff got your tongue. Not only that, but then they explain how its ironic it is. I thought the British said that Americans did not know what satire was. This is the only BBC show that I have watched. Has anyone noticed any similarities in other BBC shows

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

the only BBC show I've seen is Merlin, which usually does fine with jump cuts and doesn't have any cheesy freeze frames/jokes at a "sheriff got your tongue" level. I haven't watched Dr. Who, but seeing how popular it is (at least at a cult level, I have no idea about widespread popularity) I'm guessing that show has better jokes and editing as well. At least, I'd hope so...